- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
2014 Athletics Carnival Information
Date: Tuesday 25 February
Venue: Bill Stewart Athletics Centre, Nunawading, 330 Burwood Highway, Burwood East 3151, Melways: 62 C7
The College’s annual House Athletics Carnival will be held at Bill Stewart Athletics Centre, Nunawading on Tuesday 25 February. The event promises to be one of the highlights of the year. The Bill Stewart Athletics Centre is a recently refurbished, high class athletics facility and the boys will be able to compete in a spirit of fun and fierce competition within the College’s House System.
We are offering parents two options regarding transport for boys at the start and end of the day.
Option 1: The boys can travel directly to the venue and assemble there by 9am. Trams run past this venue along Burwood Highway
Option 2: Boys can come to school and be present by 8:15am and the College will provide buses to the track
Option 1: The boys will be dismissed from the venue to travel home.
Option 2: Boys can come back to school on buses provided by the College and be dismissed on return to Salesian College.
Please note that these travelling arrangements apply to all students except for the Charter Bus boys:
- The Narre Warren and Keysborough Charter Buses will pick up students at their normal stops in the morning and will then proceed directly to the venue. In the afternoon, the Charter Buses will pick up students at the Athletics Centre and drop boys off at their normal stops without stopping at the College
Please also note that:
- Attendance is compulsory (parents of boys who are ill on the day must ring the College on 9831 9550 before 8.15 am please) Attendance rolls will be taken at the venue and at the College.
- Boys are to wear their full Salesian College sports uniform and may wear a plain house coloured t-shirt or polo top.
- Boys are encouraged to bring appropriately coloured shirts, capes, headbands.
- Boys are to bring their own packed lunch together with plenty of bottled water (only a limited canteen service of snacks will be available)
- Boys should bring sunscreen with them and always wear their caps.
- The College’s normal expectations regarding student behaviour as outlined in the Code of Behaviour will apply both at the venue and whilst travelling to and from the venue.
As in previous years the Carnival should be a wonderful day for the College. Parents, guardians and other family members are warmly invited to attend our Carnival to support the boys and enjoy the day – please come along if you can.
Any urgent matters which require parents to contact boys on the day of the carnival should be directed to the College office on the normal number, 9807 2644.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or your son’s Year Co-ordinator or Head of House if there are any specific issues concerning the Carnival that you wish to discuss.
Deputy Principal Students and Staff