- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
2014 Swimming Carnival
Date: Friday 14 February
Venue: Oakleigh Pool
Students Assemble: At Salesian College at 8:30am
The College’s House Swimming Carnival will be held at Oakleigh Swimming Pool on Friday, 14 February this year. The event promises to be one of the highlights of the year providing the boys with the opportunity to compete in a spirit of fun within the College’s House System.
All students are to arrive at the College as normal on Friday 14 February.
After normal roll call, the boys will walk under teacher supervision to the Oakleigh Pool. Following the Carnival, boys will be dismissed from the venue at approximately 3:00pm. For students who need to travel back to school for pickup or to catch other transport, teachers will supervise them as they walk back to the College. The boys who elect to come back to the College will be dismissed when they arrive back at approximately 3:20pm. Parents who wish for their sons to be escorted back to school must contact student reception via a note, a telephone call (9807 2644) or email (email@example.com) before Friday so that a list can be compiled. All other boys will be dismissed from the Oakleigh Swimming Pool at 3:00pm.
- Boys who catch the Driver Buslines Narre Warren and Keysborough Charter Bus Services please note that the Narre Warren and Keysborough Charter Buses will pick up students at their normal stops in the morning and will drop off at school as normal. In the afternoon, the Charter Buses will pick up students at Oakleigh Pool and drop boys off at their normal stops without stopping at the College.
- Attendance is compulsory (parents of boys who are ill on the day must ring the College on 9807 2644 before 8:15am please). Boys will also be required to bring a written note the following week from parents/guardians explaining their absence.
- Boys are to wear their Salesian College sports uniform (including College hat) to and from the pool. Boys may wear a plain house coloured t-shirt or polo top or their College polo top.
- Boys are encouraged to bring appropriately coloured shirts, capes, headbands with them in their backpacks. However, boys may not wear this coloured clothing to or from Oakleigh Pool apart from a plain house coloured t-shirt or polo
- Boys are to bring their own packed lunch together with plenty of bottled water (only a limited snack service run by the Social Justice Team will be available at Oakleigh Pool)
- Boys should bring sunscreen with them
- The College’s normal expectations regarding student behaviour as outlined in the Code of Behaviour will apply both at the pool and whilst travelling to and from the venue.
The swimming carnival program provides opportunities for boys of varying swimming ability to be involved in a number of competitive and novelty events and any non-swimmers will be able to assist in a variety of roles. As in previous years the Carnival should be a wonderful day for the College and I encourage all boys to participate to the fullest possible extent and to do their very best for their House. Parents, guardians and other family members are warmly invited to attend our Carnival to support the boys and enjoy the day – please come along if you can.
Any urgent matters which require parents to contact boys on the day of the carnival should be directed to the College office on the normal number, 9807 2644.
Please contact myself or your son’s Year Co-ordinator or Head of House if there are any specific issues concerning the Carnival that you wish to discuss.
Deputy Principal – Students and Staff