- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
2016 Instrumental Music Program Update
Welcome to the Instrumental Music program for 2016. I’m hoping everyone had a wonderful break and are now back into the swing of things with enthusiasm and optimism.
This year in the Instrumental Music program, we plan to do so many exciting performances, concerts and tours.
I encourage parents to communicate with myself and the instrumental staff on any issue or questions you may have regarding your son’s involvement in our program. Each term, I plan to email all instrumental music parents updates on our term’s events and timetables. Below are the contact details for all the instrumental staff. Please don’t hesitate to contact them directly if you have any questions on your son’s progress, and I’m more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the program and upcoming events.
· Mr Daimon Brunton – Trumpet, Piano, Trumpet ensemble & Stage Band Conductor firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ms Zoe Frater – Bass Guitar email@example.com
· Ms Emma Hallett – Trombone, Oboe & Lower Brass firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ms Roxy Kavanagh – Flute email@example.com
· Mr David Neville – Drums firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mr Michael Shepherdson – Guitar & Guitar ensemble conductor email@example.com
· Mr Brendan Toohey – Clarinet, Saxophone, Clarinet & saxophone ensemble, Concert Band & Production conductor firstname.lastname@example.org
This year we have:
· Concert band: Thursday mornings 730am – 830am
· Stage band: Wednesday mornings: 7:40am – 8:35am
· Clarinet Ensemble: Tuesday Lunchtimes
· Saxophone Ensemble: Thursday Lunchtimes
· Guitar Ensemble: Friday Lunchtimes
· Trumpet Ensemble: Monday Lunchtimes
· Year 8 Concert band (starting mid – late Term 1) yet to be decided
For these ensembles to work well, we need all students to attend to all rehearsals and arrive before the required time to be ready to play so maximum rehearsal time is achieved. Your cooperation & support in getting the boys to each rehearsal is greatly appreciated.
I am currently setting up access to instrumental timetables via PAM/SIMON. Each parent will receive an email with a link and password to this document. This means, you will now have access to the most up-to-date timetable for your son from home. Please look out for this email so you can have access to the document. If anyone has trouble accessing this, please let me know and I will endeavour to help you.
Letters will be going out next week about Music Camp 2016. We are heading to the same location as past years – Fern Gully Lodge Healesville, 1 – 4 March. Unfortunately it is scheduled at the same time as Year 9 Camp, meaning the Year 9 Camp takes priority over the Music Camp. It is important that students attend the Music Camp so we can start working on our major pieces for the term/semester as one group, as well as giving the boys a chance to bond with their fellow musicians.
Head of Performing Arts & Instrumental Music Coordinator