Moroney House

Moroney House is named after the Louise Moroney, daughter of a pioneering family of  Oakleigh.

In 1956, she donated 50 acres of property to the Salesians. The Salesians then built the school on this land in the summer of 1956/57, eventually opening Salesian College in February, 1957.

Aside from having a House named after her, Salesian also dedicated the Chapel (opened in 1960) to the memory of Louise Moroney’s kindness and generosity.

This spirit of generosity shown by Louise Moroney pervades the House named in her honor.

Ms Marianne Marshall - Head of House