- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Year 10 Futures Week at Salesian College
Futures Week is an exciting time in the life of year 10 students, held during week nine of term two for year ten students at Salesian College. This is an integral program for our year 10 curriculum.
The week is coordinated by the Pathways Coordinator, and is assisted by the Director of Wellbeing, teachers of year 10 and other staff members.
Some of the presentations and exercises delivered to the year 10 cohort during this busy week include:
- completing online Vocational Inventory Questionnaires,
- constructing resumes,
- participating in mock interviews
- listening to guest speakers from the Defence Forces, Box Hill Institute, Deakin University, the building and commerce Industry and many more.
In 2012, The College was blessed to have so many people volunteer their time as either guest speakers or interviewers. The students were a credit to themselves and the College as many presenters and interviewers commented on their enthusiasm, positive demeanour and inquiring attitude.
Beyond Blue was also presented to the students as part of their education and future in terms of recognising the importance of mental health and developing resilience strategies to cope with the cut and thrust of life.
The week concluded with a liturgy and a barbeque.
Comments from boys’ feedback evaluation forms
- ‘Great initiative that really helped me for my future’.
- ‘If I achieve something in future, then it’s because of this week’.