- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
City of Monash – Parenting Course
Does your child hurt, intimidate or abuse you?
Do you feel you are losing control?
Want to learn how to handle conflict?
Reclaim respect and calm in your family!
The Who’s in Charge? group is an 8 week program for parents or carers of young people (8 to 18 years) who are out of control, violent or defiant. Jenny & Libby from MYFS will be facilitating this program.
The group aims to:
• Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
• Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
• Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
• Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
• Help you feel more in control and less stressed
Next program runs from 7pm – 9.30pm and starts on Thursday 24th July and finishes on 11th September 2014.
The program runs from Monash Youth & Family Services (MYFS), Batesford Community Hub 94 Batesford Rd, Chadstone.
This program is FREE. For enquiries or bookings call Jenny or Libby at MYFS on 9518 3900. Limited places, bookings essential.