- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Don Bosco’s Oratory Week
We believe that Don Bosco’s Oratory Week should be a celebration of:
- Being part of the Salesian Family (at Chadstone, Victoria, Australia and the South Pacific region)
- Being a faith-filled community
- Who we are as a multi-cultural and diverse community
- The social justice work we dedicate ourselves to
- The connection we have to the local community
As a result, we have planned a week of fun filled Salesian Spirituality. We begin with a whole school walkathon and end with a day of festivity; Salesian Festival Day. Below are some reminders and activities that will run throughout the week.
Walkathon Sponsors and Donations
How much have you raised so far?
How much do you plan to raise?
Don’t forget that there is 1 Citizenship point awarded for every $10 raised.
Look at the poster in every classroom about the resources your money can fund!
All sponsorship forms and donations are due by Friday 8 September, at the latest.
Earn and Learn Stickers
The more stickers you bring in, the more we can convert to educational resources that we can send to Samoa.
The more stickers you bring in; the more house points you can earn for your House.
Place your stickers in an envelope, write your House on the front and put them in the box at reception
Tell your family and friends to save them for you too!
Staff and Year 12 students have the privilege of nominating their peers for our Omnia Awards. These awards are to recognise community service within, or on behalf of Salesian College. This community service needs to be selfless, voluntary and regular, without the expectation of reward or recognition.
Nominations needs to be in by Friday 1 September, and will be announced during our Salesian Festival Day Mass on Friday 15 September.
How Can You Earn Citizenship Points?
Students can contribute points towards their Salesian Awards by participating in as many events as possible throughout the week.
- 1 point for every $10 raised for the Walkathon
- 1 point for every activity you participate in during the week, including on the Friday!
- There will be two compulsory Community Knowledge sessions during the week, but all other activities are voluntary.
These points will also be converted to House points and put towards the House Cup at the end of the year.
International Food Order Forms
Next week, students will receive these.
Order what you like, and bring your order form and correct money into Reception by Friday 1 September.
Mrs Nadia Knight
Assistant Principal – Faith and Mission