- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Every day counts – School Attendance
At Salesian College, we all want our students to get a great education, and the building blocks for a great education begin with students coming to school each and every day.
Missing school can have a major impact on a child’s future – a student missing one day a fortnight will miss four full weeks by the end of the year. By Year 10 they’ll have missed more than a year of school.
There is no safe number of days for missing school – each day a student misses puts them behind, and can affect their educational outcomes.
Coming to school every day is vital, but if for any reason your child must miss school, there are things we can do together to ensure they don’t fall behind:
- Speak with or email your classroom teachers and find out what work your child needs to do to keep up.
- Develop an absence learning plan with your Oratory Leader and Year Level Coordinator and ensure your child completes the plan.
Remember, every day counts. If your child must miss school, speak with your classroom teacher early as early as possible.
If you’re having attendance issues with your child, please let your son’s Oratory leader or Year Level Coordinator know so we can work together to get your child to school every day.