- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
The ACC Season has come to an end for Term 3 sports. Unfortunately, we were unable to secure a premiership.
On behalf of the Sport Department and the College Community, we would like to thank all the boys for the participation and sportsmanship they showed throughout the season.
Finally, we would like to thank all the members of staff that gave up their time to coach these teams, putting in a tremendous effort.
- On September 7 2016, Salesian College participated in the ACC Cross Country competition at Bundoora Park.
- Weather conditions were perfect at 23 degrees with not a cloud in sight.
- Although our boys started slowly in the Junior division, they were able to pick up their paces in the Intermediate and Senior division.
- Overall we were unable to win division 2 losing to CBC St Kilda by 90points.
- Although we came second we were able to win the following age groups: Under 15’s, 16’s, 17’s and Open Division.
- With the wins in those age groups we secured the Intermediate and Senior Cup.
We would like to thank all the boys that participated on the day as well as all the staff that were involved, in particular Mr Campisano, Mr Peacock and Mr Loonstra for all their hard work training the boys in the lead up to the event.
Salesian College Sports Awards Night
The 2016 Salesian College Sports Presentation Night will be held on Thursday 15 September in the College Hall, starting at 7pm. This is a celebration of the premiership winning ACC teams, sportsmen of the year and most valuable player achievements for the year. All students and parents are welcome to attend the event where there will be special guest appearances from elite athletes from Rugby Union & the AFL. There will be a sausage sizzle and drink provided on the night. Finally there will be a raffle, where some great sporting items will be given away. Please head to the following link to register your attendance. https://www.trybooking.com/MTWS (The tickets are free, but we ask you to register your attendance for catering purposes.)
We look forward to seeing you all there as a College Community.
Mr Domenic Scarpino
Head of House Sport