- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
- The Year 10 Football Team were able to make the Grand Final as they did the previous year.
- The boys were in a position to go back to back in the Premiers if they were to defeat Emmanuel College.
- When the two teams met in Round 1 only 7 points separated the two sides with Emmanuel winning.
- In the Grand Final our boys were outplayed by a strong Emmanuel side that defeated us on the day- Emmanuel 14.8.92 def. Salesian 1.2.8.
There is always next year for these boys as they will join the Year 11’s to form the Senior Football Team. A big thank you to the boys that participated, along with Mr Cox & Mr Pye for coaching the boys throughout the season.
- The Year 9 Football team were able to make the Grand Final as they did the previous year.
- Last year our side fell short by 4 points, in a loss where inaccurate kicking cost them. This year, the boys were determined to make amends.
- The boys were to face a strong Parade side which the boys defeated by only 2 points during the season.
- In a wet game our boys were able to brave the conditions to win the game-Salesian 13.8.86 Def. Parade 8.7.55.
A big thank you to the boys that participated, along with Mr Giles & Mrs Kimstra for coaching the boys throughout the season.
Congratulations on the win!
- The Year 10 Soccer team successfully made it into the semi-finals this season.
- The team had to travel to St Bernard’s College to play against our rival.
- Unfortunately, St Bernard’s were too strong for us on the day, winning 3-0.
- St Bernard’s were the eventual winners of the competition as they took out the premiership this week.
- However, it was a great effort from our boys to remain competitive with such a strong side for the full 60 minutes.
Well done to our boys for a great season, and a big thank you to Mr Egan for coaching the team.
- The Year 9 Soccer team was very unfortunate not to make the straight final against St Bernard’s.
- Although they did not make it, this season has been a huge success for the team.
- 12 months ago the boys struggled to win games, and 12 months later they have turned their gameplay around.
- A thank you to all the boys in the team, along with Mr Loonstra and Mr Marley for their great coaching efforts.
Well done on their great efforts and we look forward to the strength of the team in 2017.
- The Senior Football team has had huge success this season compared to the season of 2015.
- The boys were able to make it into the semi-final against a very strong CBC St Kilda squad.
- Only down by 18 points at half time, the boys were unable to keep up with CBC in the second half as they ran away with the win.
- The boys played their hearts out until the final siren, and this is what we are truly proud of as a College.
For the Year 11 boys- well done, and try again next year. As for the Year 12 boys, well done on your final game in Salesian Football colours.
Also a big thank you to coaches Mr Groves & Mr Kearney for a great season.
- The Senior Soccer team once again made it through into the semi-finals for another consecutive year.
- The boys were looking to make their second straight final and potentially go back-to-back.
- The game was played at Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club against our cross town rival Mazenod College.
- The game was very close at half time, with Mazenod leading 2-1.
- After halftime the game opened up, and Mazenod took a commanding 6-2 lead to advance to the final.
Congratulations to Mazenod, and we wish them all the best. To our boys, it was a great effort to reach yet another semi-final. Well done, and all the best with your journey to win the premiership in 2017.
Also a big thank you to Mr Sellwood for coaching the team this season.
- The Senior 2nds were unable to secure a finals spot.
However, we thank them for their hard work and dedication towards the team this year. Also a big thank you to the coach Mr Visentin.
- The Year 8 Football team has secured a Grand Final, but before they get there next week they first must play Simonds College.
- The boys played fantastically once again, securing a win.
The team will now look towards winning their second straight premiership as they play against Parade College in the final.
- The Year 7 Football Team faced off against Whitefriars.
- The boys came out firing before finals week winning Salesian 11.7.73 def. Whitefriars 2.3.15.
- The team has now secured a Grand Final spot.
Salesian will play against St Bernard’s next week in the Grand Final.
- The Year 7 A Soccer Team played against Emmanuel College in their last game before the finals.
- The team came out firing winning the game 8-2.
- This is a great win for the boys.
- Unfortunately, the team has not made the Grand Final but will playoff for 3rd or 4th position next week.
All the best to them for next week against St Bede’s.
- The Year 7B Soccer Team also made it into a playoff game for 3rd or 4th next week.
- The boys secured the spot with a 3-2 win against Parade College.
The team will play again against Parade College next week.
- The Year 8A Soccer Team needed to win to try and secure a grand final spot the following week.
- Unfortunately, the 6-1 loss to St Bernard’s and Mazenod defeating Parade has left the team just outside the top 4 in 5th position.
The boys will playoff for 5th position against Emmanuel College next week.
- The Year 8B Soccer Team played against Whitefriars College.
- The team secured a 2-0 win.
The team will playoff against De La Salle for 5th position next week.
We wish all the teams the best of luck in their finals matches next week.