- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Please note that Subject Selections are now open. Students will have received an email with log in details. This must be completed by Friday 28 July. Salesian’s entire timetable is completely rebuilt each year based on what boys choose in their subject selection.
Points to be aware of:
- We, as a school, do everything we reasonably can to ensure boys get the subjects they have chosen as this is a top priority.
- We do everything in our power to eliminate clashes in the timetable, however, every year we encounter a minimal number of irresolvable clashes (as do all schools). In these cases, we work with the individual student effected and their families to look at all possible options.
- Be mindful of preference order. Clashes (although minimal) are more likely to occur on subjects that have been given a lower priority by a student.
- Late changes may be allowed, but can have negative effects and are not always possible after the timetable has been completed.
- Make considered and well informed choices. Information on subjects information can be found here: http://www.live.salesian.vic.edu.au/learning/subject-selection/
- Years 10-12 – Know your Subject Pre-Requisites which apply to some subjects. If you did not meet a Pre-Requisite the subject will not appear as an option.
- You can change your preferences up to 5 times before you are locked out.
- No priority is given to boys who get their preferences in early, so long as they are all in the system before the due date they are all treated the same.
- After online subject selection is complete, the system will generate a receipt which needs to be printed, filled in and signed by a parent/guardian and returned to the Oratory teacher by
Monday 31 July.
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties completing subject selection, please email me, Rob Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Rob Mercer
Assistant Principal – School Organisation