- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Please note that Subject Selection is now open. Students should have received an email with log in details. This must be completed by Saturday 30 July. Salesian’s entire timetable is completely rebuilt each year based on what boys choose in their subject selection.
Points to be aware of:
· We, as a school, do everything we reasonably can to ensure boys get the subjects they have chosen as this is a top priority.
· We do everything in our power to eliminate clashes in the timetable, however, every year we encounter a minimal number of irresolvable clashes (as do all schools). In these cases, we work with the individual student effected and their families to look at all possible options.
· Be mindful of preference order. Clashes although minimal are more likely to occur on subject that have been given a lower priority by a student.
· Late changes may be allowed but can have negative effects and are not always possible after the timetable has been completed.
· Make considered and well informed choices. Information on subjects information can be found here.
· Years 10-12 - Students should know the Subject Pre-Requisites which apply to some subjects, if you did not meet a Pre-Requisite the subject will not appear as an option.
· Years 10-12 - If a student does not meet the Pre-Requisites he may consider doing a Subject Appeal. During the online subject selection process, students are asked to indicate if they intend to appeal a subject and provide details. In addition to this they will also need to fill out a Subject Requirement Appeal Form and get it to their Year Level Coordinator by 1 August.
· Students can change their preferences up to 5 times before they are locked out.
· No priority is given to boys who get their preferences in early, so long as they are all in the system 30 August they are all treated the same.
· After online subject selection is complete, the system will generate of receipt which needs to be filled in and signed by a parent/guardian and returned to student’s Oratory teachers by 1 August.
If you have any questions regarding Subject Selection, please email me at email@example.com
Mr Rob Mercer
Assistant Principal – School Organisation