- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Term Two and Three Uniform Requirements
There is great value in having a school uniform that is worn well. It identifies the College, unifies and creates mutual bonds, promotes school pride and equality and is cost effective for parents. Students are expected to maintain a high standard in the wearing of their College uniform and in their personal presentation at all times. Boys who do not fulfil these responsibilities both at school and on their way to and from the College may receive consequences including cautions and Uniform Detentions.
There are some particular areas to focus on during Terms 2 and 3 in addition to the usual requirements:
- The College blazer must be worn when travelling to and from school and to, Masses and College formal events.
Shirts and Ties
- Shirts must be tucked in, top buttons done up and ties pulled up.
- Students may wear plain grey or navy scarves. No other scarves may be worn.
Dealing with the colder weather in Terms Two and Three
- The College jumper is the only kind that may be worn.
- Boys may wear a white singlet or a white short-sleeved tee shirt below their shirts. NO other items including skivvies with polo necks and/or long sleeves are to be worn under shirts.
- Tracksuit tops are not to be worn beneath the jumper and/or blazer.
- Beanies and non-Salesian caps are not to be worn.
- Gloves may not be worn in classes.
- Boys may wear a plain white singlet or an unadorned white short-sleeved tee shirt below their sport uniform. NO other items are to be worn beneath the sports top. - Boys may not wear their College jumper with their sports uniform - Runners are to be worn with the sports uniform.
A note from the student’s parent/guardian must be given to the Year Level Co-ordinator or Head of House in instances where a boy is out of uniform for any reason otherwise cautions or other suitable sanctions will be given.
Parents who have any questions regarding uniform should contact the appropriate Year Level Coordinator or Head of House in the first instance or the Deputy Principal – Students and Staff.
Academy Uniforms now have stock of all winter uniform items. All boys must wear winter uniform from the commencement of Term 2. Opening times Normal Opening times for the Uniform Shop are during the school term on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 12:30pm and 2:30pm. In addition to these times the shop will be open on Monday 14 July: 4:30pm – 7:30pm. The shop is now located in the Naylon Building (under the Chapel). Access during College opening hours is via Reception. At all other times access is via the central courtyard and the stairs under the Chapel. The shop can be contacted directly on 9831 9513.
Deputy Principal – Students and Staff