- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
VCAL Information Night
Is your son disengaged with mainstream curriculum?
Does your son prefer practical-based learning?
An applied learning course may be just the answer in Years 11 & 12!
2014 VCAL INFORMATION NIGHT
Date I Tuesday 18 June, 2013
Time I 7:30pm
Location I Jennings Centre, Salesian College
Applied learning motivates students and assists them to develop skills and knowledge that they will need for education, employment, training and involvement in the community.
These following principles underpin applied learning:
• Start where the learners are at
• Engage in a dialogue with learners about their curriculum
• Recognise the knowledge learners bring to the learning environment
• Connect with communities and real life experiences; and
• Integrate learning. Learning should reflect the integration that occurs in real life tasks
Applied learning improves:
• Student motivation and commitment
• Self-esteem and confidence; and
• Transitions from school to work and further education or training.
Fr Peter Monaghan