- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Victorian Secondary School Vaccine Program
In 2017 the Victorian Secondary School Vaccine Program will offer free meningococcal ACWY vaccine to students in Years 10, 11 and 12. The vaccine provides protection against four strains of the meningococcal disease (ACWY) and is administered as a single dose.
Year 12 – 19 July 2017
Year 12 VCAL – 11 August 2017
Year 11 – 11 August 2017
Year 11 VCAL – 10 August 2017
Year 10 – 19 July 2017
Year 10 PreCal – 10 August 2017
Local councils will deliver the vaccine program and schools are responsible for distributing information and consent cards to parents/guardians of students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Cards were distributed to your son on Monday 29 May. These will need to be returned to the school before Wednesday 7 June 2017.
The Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 authorises secondary schools to provide their local council with student and parent/guardian contact information for any student scheduled to receive a vaccination.
What information goes to local council?
Schools provide the following basic student and parent/guardian contact information:
- Student name, gender, date of birth, year level, class, language(s) spoken at home.
- Parent/guardian names, phone numbers, email and postal addresses.
Why do schools provide this information?
- To ensure all students in Years 10, 11 and 12 have the opportunity to access free Meningococcal ACWY vaccination at school.
- To improve communication with parents/guardians regarding their child’s vaccination needs.
- To reduce the administrative burden on school staff to follow-up consent cards.
What do I need to do?
- Your information will be provided to City of Monash Council in June 2017. If you do not wish for your details to be provided, please advise us in writing before 7 June 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the information provided on your child’s consent card and complete all sections, regardless of whether you consent for your child to be vaccinated as part of the school-based program.
- Detach the card with all fields completed, and return to school before 7 June 2017.
For further information, please go to the following links:
Mr Brendan Douglas
Assistant Principal – Students