- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Year 10 Futures Week 2013
In Week 10 of Term 2, all year 10 Students participated in a busy week of presentations, seminars and workshops focusing on their future. The week began with a Retreat and finished with a celebratory barbeque. During Futures Week, Year 10 Students received a wealth of information regarding a range of different career options that helped them in their decision making for 2013 and beyond.
The main goals of this event were:
- Making students aware of the pathways available to them
- Raising awareness of their own interests, skills and abilities
- Enhancing self-confidence and fostering skills in correct interview technique; and
- Raising awareness of further study, the workplace and issues they will face
Guest speakers gave the students information about pathways into and within different industries. Representatives from tertiary institutions presented the boys with a vast amount of course information and potential graduate outcomes. Each student underwent a mock interview from an industry professional, helping them to prepare for the workforce. Each student was also fortunate to receive an individual course advising session from one of our trained course advising team comprising of Rozanne Misso, Byron Chen, Christina Gilcrist, Hanna Blizzard, Joelle Chaperon, Punita Mistry and Lorraine Ryan.
A huge thank you goes out to the Futures Week mentors; Andrew Schillaci, Kathryn Zwalf, Martin Kendrick, Ray Sestito, Mark Wang, Rhea Beurs and Sam Carroll for all their assistance for such a busy week in the Salesian calendar year.