- Chess Club & Competitions
- Debating & Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Retreats, Camps & Cultural Experiences
- Rua Reader’s Bookclub
- Student Events
- Social Justice & Volunteering
- Student Leadership
- House System
- News & Events
Year 11 Retreat
On Friday 21 April, the Year 11 staff and students participated in the annual Year 11 Retreat Day. It took place at Phoenix Park Community Centre, and was presented by David Kobler from Yourchoicez.
The outcomes of the day included:
- What is it to be a man?
- Strategies for building a positive sense of manhood
- Tools in entering manhood and leaving boyhood behind
- Developing positive and healthy relationships
- Relationships and sexual decision making from a Christian perspective
- The science behind pornography
- Key issues that many men are facing: identity, purpose, self-control and sex drive
- The impact of the media and marketing
- The value and dignity of the human person
- Models of manhood – becoming the man you really want to be
- How to deal with the pressure of sexting
This seminar program helped our boys find their potential as young men made in the image of God. The central theme of the sessions is gaining a deeper understanding of the gift of masculine strength.
The seminar gave each of them a compelling vision of what he can do, be and offer to the world. They were offered a new perspective of relationships built on an accurate understanding of masculine strength and the capacity to be a gift to women, family members and the wider community.
By making powerful use of multi-media, our students explored the real issues for young men and provided compelling strategies for change.
It was a most valuable day in which our boys approached with great maturity, and as a result they got a lot out of it. Thank you to all teachers involved in this important part of Oratory Program.
Mrs Nadia Knight
Assistant Principal – Faith and Mission